The 2010 NY International Fringe Company

Friday, July 2, 2010

Meet the Company: Dominique Fishback


Name
Dominique Fishback

Age
19

Hometown
Brooklyn, East NY

What made you interested in being part of the Project Girl Performance Collective? I was involved in this amazing group when it was just "Girl Power" and I've been attached ever since. I believe in the power that we have and how we change at least one girl's life.
What have you learned/gained from being part of PGPC?
I learn that we have to change do more to be heard but once we are everyone is intrigued and from there a lot more things can happen for females around the world.

What has been your favorite part of working on "GirlPower: Survival of the Fittest
?
Just having a place to share the poetry and monologues I've been working in prior, I have ears that want to hear what I have to say.

Is there anything that has been a challenge for you in working on"GirlPower: Survival of the Fittest"?
The hardest thing I have to face is not being afraid of hurting someone I love feelings because of my honesty..

When/Why did you first become involved in theatre?
When I was 15 turning 16 in a group called MCC youth theater company. My mom wanted me to try she said I'm really drama but I never wanted to. Once I tried I fall in love.

What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
I want to be in movies that touch your soul and on Broadway, in plays, cause I can't sing, but that's something I will work on.

What is your favorite subject in school?
In high school I loved English, History, and Gym. Now I am a student at Pace University studying acting. In the fall I'll be a sophomore.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on dreaming big you are a Talented young lady
    and one day your dreams will come true, god bless you. Michelle mom.

    ReplyDelete